Friday, May 30, 2008

Last week in Madrid

Ok these pictures are from the last few days I was in Spain. This is a picture of my apartment from the street. The white building is where I lived in the 4th floor, the 3rd window from the front corner.
This is Plaza Mayor in the afternoon.

This is Gran Via, near Plaza de Espana where I lived. It was a beautiful day and I miss seeing that street already.
This is from inside Starbucks one day. This is overlooking Plaza de Espana.
Will they ever learn how to spell my name? Its really not that hard...I guess I will have to go back someday to teach them. :)
Plaza de Espana
This is a street that connects to our street and I usually take it home from Gran Via or one of the metro stations, depending on where I am coming from.

This is me and my roommates on one of our last nights in Madrid. We were walking around at midnight just being goofy.
Blanco is a store for women and this one was not open yet but it is going to go there. Too bad we missed it because this is in Sol and I always wished there was a Blanco in Sol, now there will be one when I am gone.
This is in Sol...we were "doing a little dance" according to Jenni.
This is at school after exams on Monday. The last time we would be at this school, so we thought we should take some pictures or something. :)

This was at the Farewell Dinner with our school. We went to a spanish restaurant and had traditional food. It was good but the tables were separated with walls so we couldn't talk to everyone.
Me and my roommates again


This is in Sol again, by the statue of the bear; the symbol of Madrid.

This is me going into our apartment, and Katie is being her usual weird self. :) I don't know why she put her scarf on her head but we started calling her Gretel because of that.
Here I am by the Plaza de Espana metro stop. This was the stop that was closest to our apartment, but this particular entrance wasn't close. There are multiple entrances to each metro stop and the one by our apartment was like a 2 minute walk and it was an elevator, so we were special. :)
This is in Plaza Mayor when we went to a restaurant, the oldest one in Europe.
Here we are at the restaurant

This is in our aparment building on the stairs

This is a sign on the street at a cross walk that says that one in every three deaths in traffic accidents happen on foot and that we are all pedestrians. I don't know why I took a picture of that, but I just thought it was funny and I don't think it stops people from crossing the street whenever they want.
Here we are again in Plaza de Espana the last night I was there. It was sad and we didn't want to go home because then we would have to finnish packing to really go home.
This is Plaza de Espana at night. I will miss this sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "wrapping up" your blog with more pictures and stories. I really enjoyed following your adventures. See you Sunday!

~Debi

Mari said...

We're so glad you are back home. You got so many great picutres and had so many experiences. I'll be waiting to see the finished scrapbook!