
Well some people have expressed a desire to see more madrileno things...so here you go. This is me and the the girls I live with one night that we went out to eat and walked around and got ice cream. I was so full after that night I didn't think it was possible to ever eat again. :) but then I had another huge meal the next night with them in our apartment. So as you can see things are going better. Maybe its me that has opened up more, but whatever it is we did have a good time. This picture was in Sol...if you remember pictures from there.

These are some metro pictures...this is where you go in and out and this is my station...Plaza de Espana. We usually go in a different entrance though because this one is for the yellow line (3) and we take the blue line for most things. This station has 3 lines crossing in it which is nice because we can pretty much connect to anything we want quickly.

Here is a map for line 3. I use this line to go to Sol and Callao mostly and Legazpi connects us to the grey line to get to the bus station. :) aren't you all so interested?

Waiting for the train to come...the other one was there as you can see. This line has nice trains because its newer.

Here is the grey line, but you can't see ti so well because its kind of far away, sorry. I take this one to get to Mendez Alvaro, where the bus station is, and Conde de Casal where we meet for class trips.

This is my street. I live inder the blue hostal sign and down one door. Then 4 flights up the building. I can say for sure that I will never miss those stairs.

This is a far away view of Plaza de Espana, where I live.

I like this building a lot because its so fun to take pictures of and its so huge. I live just on the other side of it and down the street a little. I can see it from my street..obviously.

This is a gas station. Tiny, I know. Repsol is a spanish oil company.

Finally, here I am in a little plaza on Calle de la Princesa..that is near our apartment. Gran Via turns into this street just past Plaza de Espana. We went to the restaurant over my left shoulder...Its the red banner. It was called Vips and its like an applebees. I like it because you can get american like food. Ok well I have some more pictures that I will post soon of more things in madrid. I have to go to bed now because I will have a busy weekend starting tomorrow so I will post when I can. Friday is a holiday...its Madrid's saint day..el dia de San Isidro...so i don't have school thursday or friday. Ok well I hope you enjoy these and there are more to come!
3 comments:
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! I can't believe all the things you are doing. I would be lost doing and going to all the places you are!
Hey, I'm happy to see these pictures of what you see every day! Very cool! :)
It's nice to hear from you Alicia! I love hearing and seeing what you do from day to day. Very interesting!
~Debi
Post a Comment