
Ok these pictures aren't really in order, but this will have to be good enough. This is on calle mayor. I just saw this statue and yeah..you can see :) Its no fun to just take a picture next to it.

Street Signs..they are all on the buildings. I think when i go home it will be hard to get used to seeing them on a little post. I will keep looking on the buildings :)

This is just a cathedral we passed on the way to Plaza Espana

And these are some ancient ruins of a cathedral. I was checking them out with my friend there. He didn't really talk to me though. He seemed very interested in those ruins.

This is the cathedral that is across from the Royal Palace. It is named after the one that is in ruins now. We went inside and i have some pictures of that but i can't show you everything or you won't have a reason to see me when i get home. :)

Here are some more random Madrid pictures. You all are going to know Madrid as well as me...well probably not. ;) This is on calle Velazquez. At the end of this street is Retiro Park...which is where I was heading on this particular day. I looked across the street and boom there was and Iberia building. I am assuming its the HQ because its a spanish airline and wea re in the capital. My professor is a consultant for Iberia so I wonder if this is where he works. Its pretty close to my school.

This is a monument near the Prado musuem which is also in the same general area as Retiro. This monument has an eternal flame burning for the people who died in a war. I would translate the plaque but I can't see it very good in this picture.

This is a picture from inside the center of Sol. This is probably my favorite place in Madrid. You can go here on the weekends and the whole place is full of people. It is also where all the stores are and its just a nice place to walk. :)

Here I am standing on Kilometer 0, which is the exact middle of Spain. Oooo...I have walked past that a million times but I never took a picture there. So now I finally did :)

This is in Plaza Mayor. Its like Main Square in englis. There are restaurants and stores and it used to be where the royalty lived and could watch bull fights and stuff. Now its just for normal people but I'm sure its really expensive to have an apt looking down on Plaza Mayor. I ate dinner with Ken and Deanna and Alcaro here in February.

This is one of the entrances to Retiro park. We walked through and sat and watched the boats on the pond. They were doing sound checks for the holiday on thursday. I was there on tuesday.

Some nice flowers. Last time I was in Retiro there were no flowers. Now there are a lot. :)

Crossing the street on the way to Retiro. Nice hair, I know

The pond and boats.

And here is my little friend Mickey. And look! He is even wearing an American flag costume! How special. Alvaro wanted me to take a picture with mickey but I told him I have pictures with the real mickey in Disney World...I don't need one with a fake spanish mickey. :) Anyways...He was calling people to take a picture with him. I didn't know mickey spoke spanish.
1 comment:
hehe...I like the picture of you with your friend :) And standing in the exact middle of Spain...how cool! :)
Post a Comment