Well, I finally made it to Spain! So far I have just talked to my parents but I hope that I will be able to talk to some of you all as well. It has been a crazy few days. There has been a lot of things that I didn't expect, but so far everything is going pretty well. I am in an apartment with 2 girls from my program on the same floor. There are some other people on our floor too but I haven't really met them. They are all students like me though. The students in my program are....well let's just say..interesting to be nice. The girls are picky eaters and all brought like twice as much luggage as I did. The two girls on my floor are nice though. One is from New Jersey and the other is from Oregon. They are a little more down to earth i think.
Madrid is a beautiful city from what I have seen so far. It is very clean, which is something I didn't really expect. The weather is nice. Its like in the 50's and mostly sunny. This weekend is a holiday (El Dia de los Reyes). Its to celebrate when the wise men came to visit Jesus when he was born. They actually give their gifts on this day instead of Christmas. The streets are so busy because of this and there is a huge parade tonight.
I haven't really done any shopping, but I will have to soon because I have to do something with my room. Its not very appealing right now. We live near la Gran Via, which is a huge street that is full of stores and hotels and anything you would want to find. (Andrea-- I found an H&M :) Things are pretty expensive here though so I am definately going to be careful about how much I am spending.
Spanish is coming pretty easily for me. I haven't really had any communication problems. I think Spaniards are a lot easier to understand than other hispanics that I have talked to.
Well I think that is all for now. I have one picture that I took so far, and it has been so crazy that I haven't thought to take more. Don't worry, I will. I want to thank everyone for praying for me and please don't stop. I think I need it more now than ever. This is going to be a huge adjustment.
Talk to you all soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so happy to hear from you. I talked to your Mom and heard about your flight issues. 50 degrees sounds pretty good, but it's supposed to warm up here next week too. We'll keep praying for you!
Glad to hear you made it there safe! I hope and pray that this will be a great experience for you! Can't wait to hear more!
Glad you're there safe and sound. What an adventure this is going to be for you.
I can't wait to see some pictures!
Hey Alecia!!! I'm glad you made it there safe and everything is going well :)I had no idea there were H&M's all over the world that is so cool!! lol. i'm glad the other 2 girls seem a little more down to earth. is the apartment nice? i hope so. Well i'll be praying for you. hope to hear from you soon. love ya!!
So glad to hear that you made it safe and sound!! Cannot wait to keep up with your blog!!!
Post a Comment