Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Paris

This was at a flower market in Paris. There are so many flowers in this city!!
This store is one that I have ordered products from in the US. You can only get their products via catalog so I was really surprised when I saw the actual store in Paris. I guess it makes sense because its a french company.
More flowers :)
It was a really nice day when we saw the Eiffel Tower so we decided to have lunch in the grass near it. It was still a little cool but the sun was out and there were not many clouds.

Some more shots with the Eiffel Tower
This is the inverted pyramid at the Louvre. Sorry my pictures are not all organized together. There are more Louvre pictures in the next post.
This was a display at the Louvre...I don't really know what it is but each little box in the middle is like a little story from the life of Christ. Its kind of cool.
Ouch.
And this is the famous Mona Lisa. Its very small. I was a little disappointed about that, and they put it on this huge wall with nothing else so it makes it look even smaller. I don't know what the reasoning behind that is. I wasn't that impressed though.

Here is a picture of the Arc of Triumph. I didn't really get what the point of building it was, but it is something about remembering soldiers. At the top there is a museum and there is a memorial to the unknown soldier, like what we have in D.C. There is also an eternal flame burning on the ground under the arch.
A farther away shot. There were a lot of people and this picture kind of makes it look small. Believe me...it is huge and there is a muesum at the top...so try to imagine that.
Here is the Moulin Rouge, for all of you who have seen the movie. We took a special trip to see this and all we did was walk off the metro, take a couple pictures, and walked right back on the metro. :) It looks nicer in the movies.

I like this picture. We were walking down a kind of small street and this was a street that crossed the one we were on. I looked down this street at the intersection and it just looked so picturesque :) See all the people sitting by the little outdoor cafes on the left? That is also a really common thing, in Spain too. For more, see the next post.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Way cool!
That's neat that you saw Yves Rocher...now we know where all our fun stuff comes from :)
And Moulin Rouge and everything else was pretty neat too.
That raspberry thing looks delicious...maybe we'll have to make something similar this summer? :)

Mari said...

Great pictures again. I really like that shot of the base of the Eiffel tower. I would have expected the Mona Lisa to be a lot bigger painting.

Anonymous said...

I always imagined the Mona Lisa larger too! Maybe it's that large wall thay have it on that just makes it seem so small! If you and Melissa try to recreate that raspberry dessert, I want to know!
~Debi