After the mall we took a bus to the old part of Toledo. We had to walk up a big hill, and at the top was this doorway thing. Toledo is known for its moorish architecture, which you can see by the curved doorways and windows.
Here I am walking through Toledo. It was so beautiful, but we were a little disappointed because it was really foggy in the morning.
This is the Alcazar. Its a big castle that was turned into a library. Its not open to the public which is kind of sad, but the outside is cool enough. The funny thing for me about the Alcazar is that my friend and I walked around Toledo for almost 2 hours looking for this building, not knowing that we were right next to it and had taken pictures of it already.
This is a picture of the biggest cathedral in Toledo. It is incredibly beautiful and it has so much detail that you just can't capture with a camera. Also, it is situated right next to a lot of other normal buildings, so it is impossible to take a picture of the whole thing at once. I did my best to capture the best parts. We didn't get to go in it because there wasn't time and it was a little expensive. I wanted to wait until I know there is enough time and I can make it worth the money. Toledo is only like 71 kilometers from Madrid, so it would be easy to visit again.
Cathedral again. I just love the detail in the arches.
This was in an art museum that we went to. It was kind of strange, but we really just wanted to see the gardens, not the art and it was free, so we went.
This is the courtyard/garden at the art museum. We couldn't take pictures in the museum, so we took a lot outside in the gardens.
This is next to the Alcazar, overlooking a valley that goes down to the Tajo river. It was really pretty. The lady who took this picture was funny because we asked her in spanish to take our picture and she says in english that she can't speak spanish. Ha!
This is just a picture of me with a cool bridge in the background.Me and Alexandra...again We had a really good time in Toledo and I have so many more pictures. I am going to try and make a slide show, but we'll see. These are just a few of my favorites, and if you want to see it better, you just have to come and visit me and I will take you there!!!
5 comments:
I just love those old buildings and the bridge is really cool. I'm so glad you have Alexandra there. She seems like a great friend!
PS - just think of the scrapbook you will have to do when you get back. You've already got lots of great pictures.
So this isn't Toledo OH? Yeah I know stupid question! The pictures are great!
I'll be on the next plane ;)
I love the pictures and the architecture. I laughed when I read about you looking for the Alcazar! Blonde moment, huh? :)
For the slideshow, go to slide.com, and it does it for you. Nice and easy!
Thanks for sharing, Alicia! We are really enjoying your adventures.
Love to you,
Debi, Kaitlyn and Chloe
Wow! You sure are seeing a lot. Those buildings are beautiful! And I'm glad you're having fun too. :)
Post a Comment