Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Housing Change

Well, as most of you know, I was planning on staying with a family while I am in Spain, however that has changed. I have been assigned to an apartment in downtown Madrid with 6 other girls. At first I was not very happy about this, but after thinking about it for awhile and getting used to the idea, I think it might be better than a homestay. I have emailed all the girls that I will be staying with and have heard back from all of them. It sounds like we are going to have a good time. It looks like we are going to have wireless access at home, which is very good. There are two metro stations very close to our flat and lots of restaurants, theaters and shopping nearby. The university is about 20 minutes away by metro, about the same as it takes me to get to GVSU Pew campus. So everything seems to be turning out fine. Now I just have to get there! :)

4 comments:

Mari said...

I'm glad it's working out. It's great you have internet access - we'll expect lots of blog updates!

Melissa said...

Cool. It might actually turn out to be a blessing because if you're surrounded by Spanish people all day, it might be a relief to be with others at night...the only problem might be sharing a bathroom with 6 other girls....lol :)

Laura said...

Good! I'm glad things sound like they'll be working out better. You're going to have a great time! :)

Cheri said...

I'm so glad you started a blog- it will be great to be able to follow along with you while you're away!
Cheri