
This is just another view from the courtyard. We couldn't take pictures inside, so I just took a lot outside. And that is all the pictures my internet is going to let me post. I'm surprised I got this many in. I will try to make another post with the rest of the pictures from here and from Salamanca. I also have a few pictures from when Ken and Deanna were here. Deanna took a lot more pics so you can see her's when she gets back. I told her to send me her pictures because I haven't seen them yet.

This is me standing in the middle of the courtyard. You can see some of my group behind me. When I saw this picture I thought that it looked like I was standing in front of a fake background. We got to see 28 rooms out of the 200 and something. It was so crazy how lavish they made these palaces. The walls had embroidery in them, the ceilings were all painted with different frescos by famous painters, and the furniture was all especially made for the king. There is one room that they redo for each new king. Everything in the room is made with the current king's coat of arms. Like his initials are on the print of the curtains, the upholstery, the wall paper, everything. Crazy, I'm telling you.

This is just a cool view, I thought. I love the huge arches that are all over europe. You can always look through them and see something cool like this steeple.

This is the front facade of the main living chambers of the kind and queen. I took this picture from inside the courtyard of the palace, so you can only see this if you go inside. You can see the Spanish flag flying...and there is another pole for the King's flag. They fly that flag when the king is in the palace. He comes once or twice a month only for special occaions, and then the palace is closed to visitors. Yes there is still a king in Spain, Juan Carlos the something...I don't know what number he is :) He doesn't have any power though.
4 comments:
More great pictures! I love the shot of the steeple through the arch. I keep thinking of all the scrapbooking you'll have to do when you come home!
Beautiful again! Would love to see inside! I guess the only way that will happen is if I ever get to Spain!
I loved the palacio real when I was there! I am sooo glad that you got to visit it!
Sweet blessings!
Renee and the ATH crew
Beautiful pictures!!!
I love your jacket!
Post a Comment